Sunday, October 16, 2005

1:50:17

I ran the Toronto 1/2 Marathon today and beat my last 1/2 marathon time by over 6 minutes! (I would have loved to have been in the 140's, but I suppose it will be my goal for the next race. My time was: 1:50:17 (Unlike last time, I am now better than average when compared to both all the men who ran, 765/1795, and all men in my age group, 86/199)
The last 2 km's of the race is a gradual uphill run, which kinda slowed me down. But today I finished with a smile and still had energy to spare. No more races for me until the Hamilton around the bay 30k on March 26th.

I bought a lovely new coat to celebrate and can't Love Love Love it!

Also saw Junebug (the movie) this afternoon, and thought it was a great, slow, quirky, drama/ comedy. If you're thinking about seeing something different, I completely recommend it.

Britney Spears has made her first post baby appearence with her dirty red-neck husband...fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jo-Anne said...

Umm, where's the comment about me in your little "ooh, I ran a half marathon and kicked ass" write-up?
Remember me? The beauty at station 37K? The one jumping up and down and up and down screaming "YAY! MICHAEL!! YAYY!! YOU LOOK GREAT!! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!!" Do you think your beating your previous race time by 6 minutes was just a matter of training and determination and had NOTHING to do with your lovely neighbour from downstairs cheering you on? Humph. We'll see how you do next time, he-yotch.

1:16 PM

 
Blogger M said...

I love Jo-Anne...if it weren't for her and her handy dandy passing of the cup, I would have never made it to the end!!!

3:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

4:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home