Sunday, January 08, 2006

I have the greatest friends in the world. Thanks to each and every one of you for coming to my 29th b-day party on Friday night! I stupidly, in my not so coherent state, neglected to take pictures, so if you have any please let me know.
Highlights:
Someone, who I still haven't quite figured out is responsible for almost setting chez Mozo on fire with napkins and candles
Me, in a round about way, admitting that I have a drinking problem by having to announce to each person that "It's 10:30 and I've only had one drink".
Me, in a not so round about way, telling people I have a drug problem by leaving smoke trails behind me as I ran towards the terrace when it was announced that there was pot to be had.
John's thoughtful party favour, painters tape and sharpie...which allowed people to label their drinks. Mine was of course "America's next Top Model" which gave the opportunity to strut my signature walk and ask people if they had seen America's Next Top Model whenever I misplaced my cup.
Having Selena, my sister, being initiated into the fag hag club by getting her first gay grope.
After just performing a loosely interpreted version of Kelly Clarkson's Since You Been Gone, Patrick and David plopped their rears in unison on the sofa to a very loud tearing noise.
Stacy and me and our celeb look-alike conversation, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Robert Downey Jr
Finding out that someone at the party was wearing a Calvin Klein jock
Annette's impersonations
Finally getting the elusive Jason to show up for a party
Larry's ingenuity for making Apple Pie shooters when it was discovered that the party was vodka heavy and mix light
Debating whether or not I could fit into Tammy's suitcase when she goes to Milan next month to cover fashion week.
Having everyone succumb to my materialistic ways by contributing to my fabulous new Burberry coat, which I am in love with!
The realization that 50 people in our place during the winter months makes for one hell of hot time!
There are a few more things I would LOVE to tell you about that happened, but unfortunately I've sworn myself to secrecy (in other words, call me later and I'll tell you all about it)
Darren I love you and thanks for throwing me such a fantastic party.
See you all on my 30th Birthday!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

you are so cute, i have one pic if its good i'll send it - it was you in your coat!

6:24 PM

 
Blogger M said...

I look like a hobbit in the pic so I'll be keeping it to myself

12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated.... we are only going to be in the same generation for another year ;)
Glad that you had a great time... I feel like I was almost there with your re-cap. Sounds like you had a wonderful, drunken time.
Miss you!!!!
-Shannon

11:57 PM

 
Blogger M said...

SHANNON!!!I MISS YOU!!!I just realized that depending on what group moves where, we may not be in the smae building ever again!!! How was the trip?...also I lost your e-mail addy

10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi M,

Thanks for letting Kelly, me and our two pals, Vic and Glenn, crash your party. Everyone really feels welcome at your soirees. Thanks also for immortalizing me on the web. (can one really be immortal on the web?). The apple pies were enough of a hit that they may well have contributed to the flaming napkin. Mea culpa.

Larry

10:35 AM

 
Blogger M said...

Larry, anyone who's willing to play bar-keep all night is A-OK in my books!

2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home