Monday, March 13, 2006

A few little bits on this slow gossipy Monday:
Sarah Jessica Parker stayed with her lover Robert Downey Jr throughout his battles with drugs, because she feared he "might die" if she left. She says, "Fairly early on in our relationship, he told me he had a drug problem. I was stunned. I did not recognise the signs, I didn't know the profundity of it. I was innocent in so many ways. I thought, 'Well I'll help him.' I didn't think that addiction was something that would impose itself on us. I was very wrong."

Felicity Huffman felt qualified to play a pre-operative transsexual in new movie Transamerica because her battles with bulimia taught her all about being unhappy in your own body. The actress, who won an Academy Award nomination for her moving performance in the film, insists her eating disorder prepared her for the challenges of the role. Huffman says, "I understand the pain and agony of waking up in agony with your own skin. "I had that 'Just can't be thin enough' thing.

Liv Tyler has attacked celebrity mothers for claiming to shed their pregnancy weight immediately after giving birth - accusing them of setting a bad example to their fans. She finds it ridiculous that celebrities will lie about their post-baby weight loss. She tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "It's so hard to lose your baby weight! Everyone makes it look like it just drops off and everyone in magazines is so skinny three weeks later and says 'Oh, I'm just running around after my kid'; it's total bulls**t! "I don't know one woman who woke up three weeks later and was a rail."
(contact music)