Thursday, September 07, 2006

If you have tickets to see The Hottest State, you may want to trade or burn them:

Hollywood Reporter: " If actor-writer-director Ethan Hawke spent more time watching television he might discover that his tale of a 20-year-old man learning about love, "The Hottest State," has been covered with deeper understanding and far greater wit in just about everything from "Dawson's Creek" to "The O.C."

Variety: "Adapted by actor-helmer Ethan Hawke from his own novel of the same name, "The Hottest State" takes a good deal of time to heat up and fails to generate much more than a lukewarm empathy for its petulant main characters... Mixed reception on Venice's Lido forecasts mild to cool box office"

2 Comments:

Blogger darkly said...

It got a good review in Screendaily, and somebody posted on a board that they liked it, so I think I won't let those two reviews change my mind. I remember when "Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind" was panned in the first five reviews I read...I was livid because I loved that film.

6:49 PM

 
Blogger darkly said...

Oh, here's another good review-

http://blogs.smh.com.au/entertainment/archives/box_office/006190.html

6:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home